Business writing, like any activity, needs a strategic approach and a time for planning and preparation. Here are 10 tips to get you started in writing your best business English.
1. Focus on your objective for writing, your target audience - who's going to read it?
2. Define precisely what you want to achieve. This will help you think and write more clearly.
3. Create a plan of the points you wish to make.
4. Sometimes you will find it easier to start in the middle and create the beginning and the end later.
5. Prepare yourself by getting in the write mental condition and physical position, with a clear mind and good sitting position.
6. Make yourself comfortable, using a chair which supports your back properly (invest in a comfortable chair or a special back chair).
7. Set up the laptop, computer or tablet so that the screen is not too high or too low, with good lighting.
8. Write at a time of day when you will not be disturbed, and turn your mobile off.
9. Imagine who your target audience are and where they might be reading what you have written - in an email, on a laptop, on a tablet, on a smart phone, in a letter,
10. Use the right style and tone of language to match your target audience.
Now you can begin.